Imke van Heerden
| Leopard’s Leap | LitNet 60 words competition
Read the first entries here.
Write a mini-story approximately 60 words long with an ecological or nature conservation theme, and it could be published on a limited-edition Leopard’s Leap back label!
Any conservation-themed story qualifies, as long as you can tell it in 60 words. You may write about any ecological topic you are passionate about. The winner’s story will be printed on the back label of a limited-edition Leopard’s Leap bottle series, which will be sold countrywide. The lucky winner will also walk away with a Mont Blanc pen and a case of Leopard’s Leap wine.
Depending on the quality and number of entries, LitNet hopes to publish all entries continuously. One winner per language will be selected mid-April by two judges. The closing date is 4 April 2011. Send your entry to email@example.com.
Leopard’s Leap is a proud sponsor of South African literature and nature conservation. We support the Cape Leopard Trust (www.capeleopard.org.za), which helps protect the endangered Cape leopard.
- Entries have to be between 55 and 65 words long.
- Entries in Afrikaans and English will be accepted.
- The winners must agree to alter some words and/or characters of their entries if necessary, in order to fit the wine label size and design.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.
- No employee and/or family member of Leopard’s Leap, Meridian, LitNet or the Cape Leopard Trust may enter the competition.
- Entries may not be in SMS language, ie no abbreviated language.
- Only two entries (regardless of the language of the entries) per person are allowed.
| Respond: firstname.lastname@example.org